Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Used 6 string question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, May 3, 2003.

1. Would I be able to easily score a decent used 6 string for $250 or under? I was thinking I might be abelt o find a used Dean for about that, but I don't know what GC or Daddy's will have in my location. And cosmetics really isn't an issue with me as long as it plays like new.

2. Wow.....that looks nice, but it will be a cold day before I buy something before I play it, so I guess it's whatever I find used at Daddy's or GC. But that is a very purdy bass, I wish I could play it.

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Not easily, IMO. If you keep your eyes open, watch ebay, etc. you might find something, but that's pretty low bling for a six. Also depends on what you consider "decent". You can get a new Brice for that money.

4. that Rondo music place or whatever where there's all the Essex and Brice basses... where's that, Jersey? that's not TOO far of a drive from rhode island, dude. might be worth the trip for a new, cheap sixer.

5. If only I could drive, i'd be on my way there.

6. How much would a Dean Q6 go for heavily used, but still very playable

7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I bought a Q5 for about $300 from MusicGoRound a while back. Replaced the preamp (it was bad) with a new Bartolini NTBT and sold it for about $325 IIRC. So maybe. You'd be more likely to find the non-Q for that money.

8. HOT DAMNNN!!!!!!

I just found a used LAverez 6 string at daddy's I played it. The sound was orgasmic. The action was really low and looked dam,n nice too, now I need $150 more to pay it off