1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used American Bass value in Germany vs. USA?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by csholtmeier, Mar 16, 2010.

1. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I'm planning a trip to Hamburg to visit an old bandmate. The thought of bringing several used American-made basses has crossed my mind. How much more, on average, does an American instrument sell for over there? Conversely, I was thinking of doing the same thing on the way back with German-made instruments.

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    30% more or higher.

I don't see any used basses on Thomann.

Check out www.ebay.de to see what stuff is selling for in Euros.

3. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    I think you may consider that a bass sold at $1000 in the US will be sold around €1000 in Germany... (change rate = 1, while the real change rate between € and $ is around 1.37
    so, you'd win around 30 and 40% I guess

4. sorry, my fault, I was thinking new

5. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    What is particularly desirable over there?

6. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    old fender, rickenbacker.
    Usually, used ricks are sold here around (averagae) 1600 € (more than $2000).

7. Keep in mind that you may have to pay customs and taxes when you bring too many with you.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020