1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by krazyduck, Mar 18, 2008.

1. krazyduck

krazyduck

Jan 27, 2008
    I plan on buying a used crate bx100 for dirt cheap, but as I'm a beginner, I'm not exactly sure what to look for, to check the condition its in.

the only amp I owned is a hartke 15 watt that came with a starter kit. now that I started practiceing with a drummer, I need something louder.

any quick ways to check the condition?

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Plug in, try a few volume and eq settings, trust your ears.

3. Other than looking at it asthetically to see how bashed about it is, Play it, see if it makes wierd sounds or not. make sure all the pots (knobs) work etc

4. krazyduck

krazyduck

Jan 27, 2008
    so I shoulf just hit a couple of notes, and use my opinion?

5. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I have one-also bought dirt cheap. The inputs didn't work at first and I had to go thru the effects. Then with a tip from a tech, I patched from send to return and all is well. It actually sounded good at practice over the weekend.

Make sure to check both inputs and the equalizer. Make sure everything works. There are lots of amp bargains on CL-make certain you get one that works.