Used BTB 406 Pricing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 'JC', Feb 14, 2005.

1. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    I'm just another idiot with GAS (who just happened to lower his interest rate on his Visa though by 10 % though...)

Anyway I saw a used BTB 6 string recentlly and it's price at around 540. Condition is mint - no visable cosmetic damage. Did NOT get a chance to plug in yet though.

Should everything check out - is this an acceptable price?
  2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Maybe just a little bit on the high side :bag: but then a lot of the pricing is dependent on the condition of the bass and how it feels to you .....

At any rate, it's certainly not an outrageous rip-off or anything.
  3. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    i've seen a btb sell for 550 new.
  4. You got BTB GAS too? I sold my amp to help fund one and am trying to sell my current 5ver so I can buy my friend's BTB405! Killer basses.
  5. I bought a BTB406QM for about £250 about a year ago, great bass, for an amazing price!

was second hand, it had been setup, and the only damage was a slight ding on the back of the neck
  6. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    They run about $600.00 new so that price may be kinda high. I'd pay it though. The BTB is one killer bass and very popular. Ibanez even brought back the prestiege model and six string one year after discontinuing them. Now, if the woud only make ATK's available in the states!
  7. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    Man I love the playability of this thing!
    I'm going back tonight for some more research.
  8. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I would push for $500.. that is a bit high for the used market, regardless of condition due to non-transferrable warranties.
  9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Once in awhile they go for $350-450 on ebay.
  10. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000