1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used CD's on Amazon.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by line6man, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Does anyone here ever buy used CD's from Amazon?

i just bought 9 CD's and one DVD from Amazon, and i bought the cheapest used ones that were available.
    (a couple of them came down to it being just a tad more for a "like new" copy rather than an acceptable version, so i did that instead)

i am still a bit worried about buying used CD's online...
    i dont mind the condition of the CD, because i just copy everything to my harddrive and cell phone, and then the actual CD gets put away to collect dust.
    but i am concerned if the disc is scratched up or unplayable...
    but i guess that if i got a scratched CD, i could just return it for a refund.

any thoughts?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sure, I've bought used CD's online lots of times. Just make sure the seller has a good reputation (better than 98% positive feedback, and a lot of feedbacks) and has a decent return policy. No problem. Worst case scenario is you're out the cost of mailing the CD back to them.

3. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    what bongo said.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I've bought a LOT of used CDs from Amazon's used seller list, I got burned for 2.98 once but overall saved hundreds....not a bad ratio!

5. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have bought lots and lots of used CDs on Amazon.com, never had a problem. I've gotten a lot of good ones for around $1 or $2. The shipping costs more than the CD!

Here's a tip: try to get multiple CDs from the same seller in the same order, then you can save shipping costs.

6. wow, i got 3 of my cd's and the dvd in the mail today (just 3 days after placing my order)
    they all look good, no scratches.

now that i know they ship out so quickly, i guess maybe this is the best way to buy my cd's

also, for some reason, the post office didnt stamp any of the stamps on the packages, so i am just going to peel them off and reuse them.:D

i have like 12 of them.

7. yeah...
    i got an SRV album for $1.95

i ordered a couple of VHS movies once for a penny each:D
    but i paid $3 to ship them:bawl: