Used Corvette FNA 4-string $1049

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Psycho Monkey, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey

Apr 7, 2003
    Yeah, I put this 4-string on layaway at Guitar Center. Anyone think I'm getting ripped? I played on it a few times and wanted to break a 4-string Stingray that I played on for fun b/c it's a piece of crap. Anyway, I THINK it's just the regular discontinued Corvette FNA. Also, I've had a Corvette Standard 5 for a few years now and I also wanted to break the POS Stingray that I tried whenever I bought the 5-string Warwick. Warwick owns.
  2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well...welcome to TB. And I can't answer your question exactly because I am not sure off the top of my head what the difference between an FNA and a standard corvette is, and I don't have the time to research it right now. That being said over 1000 for a used warwick four string seems kinda high to me either way. But I am not exactly a warwick afficionado.
  3. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey

Apr 7, 2003
    Well, I know the difference between the Corvette FNA and Standard, I just wanna know if the $1049 is too much for that bass or at least what the list price was for it.
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well list price should be easy to find...the point about not knowing the difference was that I do not know so therefore couldn't answer your question fully. I'll actually try to look it up for you...
  5. aleyman

aleyman Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    Why destroy the stingray? Why not give it to a learning bassist? I'd love to get a Stingray, especialy while I'm still learning. Search around, you'll probably find a aspiring bassist to give it/sell it too.
  6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well I am finding some conflicting info based on the quick search I did. I saw one that retailed for about 1600 and a review of an FNA where the reviewer said they paid a little more than 1000 new. I believe these were both the regular FNA and definitely not the limited edition one. Both were four strings. Based on the first price I'd say you were fine but based on the second i would definitely say you were getting "ripped" ...

looking around some more I see a few more going for about 1500-1600. So if that is the case I would say you are fine...I could certainly be wrong though I spent about 5 minutes total on this.
  7. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey

Apr 7, 2003
    Yeah, I know it's not the absolute best price or whatever, but I don't think it's a bad deal. The bass is in excellent condition and everything. I love its "playability". I slap like crazy and it sounded absolute great.
  8. How soon do you want it? I've gotten two Corvettes from GC (returned them both). The first one was a green FNA 5 and it was on blowout for $795. The other one was the 36th Anniversary Jazzman with the bubinga top and maple fretboard. It was $625. Neither of them worked for me, but they were pretty inexpensive.
  9. extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Watch should be able to get an FNA4 for around $700.