1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used CV Precion 50s LPB at GC For $139.00?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by eldoryder, Oct 3, 2013.

1. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Hi all-

I just stumbled across this today, skimming through Guitar Center's Used Basses. They have it listed simply as a "Used Squier Precision Bass", but for the life of me it sure does resemble my (Butterscotch) Classic Vibe Precision Bass 50s, but the color looks like the Lake Placid Blue version.

I could be wrong, but just in case I'm not, I'm posting the link below for someone else to check out. I really don't need another one, but $139.95 for a Classic Vibe?

Jeez....someone PLEASE buy this before I'm tempted to spend money I don't have!!!!

CVP50sLPB for only $139.95??!!

2. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    Yeah, that's a CV alright. Great deal if there's nothing wrong with it.

I have some in-laws in Nac.

3. paparoof

paparoof

Apr 27, 2011
    Minneapolis
    fEARful koolaid drinker
    Yep that's what that is. Fantastic instrument at its full price. And unless this was previously used as a murder weapon or something, that's a stoopid awesome price too.

Buy it.

edit: I used to have an Aunt in Nac!

4. Gone. Someone must have jumped on it already. Hope it went to one of our TB family.

5. eldoryder

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Me, too! Jeez, what a small world! Does EVERYONE have kin in Nac? After living here for the last 18 years (previously an urban dweller in Dallas, Houston, Midland-Odessa and Austin), I can say for sure....it's a great place to raise your kids! But once they've grown they're OUTTA HERE!

Another five years, and it's off to New Mexico!

6. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    Indeed. :D It was at my local GC and I've wanted one for a while.

Came with a tweed hard shell case at that price, too!

The frets were really oxidized and the screws on the pg and control plate were rusted and the knobs were all worn.

About 30m of work and its like new.

Thank you for the tip, OP!

7. Which store? Attleboro?

8. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    Yes, North Attleboro.

9. eldoryder

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    My pleasure, MarTONE....someone has to benefit from my fixation of checking out GC's used department on a nearly daily basis! And thank YOU for keeping me from spending bucks I don't have on a bass I already have!