Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Used Eden 410T Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NickelBridge, Apr 12, 2001.

1. I've found a used Eden 4X10 cab for $300. Considering the high marks eden seems to get, this seems to be a good deal. I am hesitant to buy used gear, especially a used cab. What is the best way to check out a used cab out for any potential problems?

2. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    this is what i'd do being relatively new to "used gear buying" myself; ask the seller if you could bring your head & your bass so you can put the cab through the phases. play like you normally would. listen for speaker distortion, farting, etc. that should give you an idea. you can also visually check the cone for any tears. this might be more hassle; but ask if you can remove the baffling, or just pull the speakers out, to make sure that they are indeed Eden speakers.

that's all i can think of, someone else will have more, if not better, ideas for you.

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Recently I bought a Peavey 2x15 cab... It was a great deal... But it turned from a great deal into a good deal because the speakers were actually not peavey speakers. Something to think about...

4. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I think you've received some great suggestions above on the test drive of this cabinet. Personally, I purchased an Eden D 410-T Cab that was used about 4 years ago. So far it's made it through many a gig, rehearsal, and recording session, sounding sweet and pure every time.

Bones

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Not a bad price, depending on condition but I'd hold out for a D410XLT, IMO, a much better cab. Well worth the extra scratch.