1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

used eden 4x10XLT $600 --- good deal??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aaguudis, Jun 10, 2002.

1. aaguudis

aaguudis

Apr 3, 2001
    Portland
    seen a ad in the paper for one of these babys, says its in mint condition. im afraid of buying used amps/cabs because i dont know much about them and i dont want to end up with some terrible hum that shows itself 2 weeks after i buy it.

how do i tell if its in good cond?

also how would this cab work with my carvin rl1000 head and the rl118 speaker cab? (replacing the carvin 4x10)

heres a pic:
    www.8o88.com/pics/sell/de1.jpg

2. boobinga

boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Well, looking at the pic it doesn't look "mint" to me. I mean, to me mint means vertually indistinguishable from new. I see a lot of scuff marks and it has decals and stuff. Maybe "good" would be a better descriptor. I have an XLT (not for sale) that is truly mint, and that one looks kind of beat up compared to mine. So, OK, if I wanted a mint XLT I'd say $600 would be OK. But only for an outstanding XLT. Just my opinion, and mileage may differ!

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It's not mint, judging by the pic. I just sold a D410XLT a few weeks ago for 6 bills in better shape with a brand new Eden cover (about 80 bucks). I'd offer 5 tops.

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I just sold a 410XLT in dead mint condition and I mean you couldn't tell the difference between mine and a brand new one in the box. I sold it for $530 and that included shipping to Washington state. $600 for that one with stickers and scuffs might be a bit high.