used eden 4x10XLT $600 --- good deal??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aaguudis, Jun 10, 2002.

1. aaguudis

Apr 3, 2001
    seen a ad in the paper for one of these babys, says its in mint condition. im afraid of buying used amps/cabs because i dont know much about them and i dont want to end up with some terrible hum that shows itself 2 weeks after i buy it.

how do i tell if its in good cond?

also how would this cab work with my carvin rl1000 head and the rl118 speaker cab? (replacing the carvin 4x10)

heres a pic:
  2. boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Well, looking at the pic it doesn't look "mint" to me. I mean, to me mint means vertually indistinguishable from new. I see a lot of scuff marks and it has decals and stuff. Maybe "good" would be a better descriptor. I have an XLT (not for sale) that is truly mint, and that one looks kind of beat up compared to mine. So, OK, if I wanted a mint XLT I'd say $600 would be OK. But only for an outstanding XLT. Just my opinion, and mileage may differ!
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It's not mint, judging by the pic. I just sold a D410XLT a few weeks ago for 6 bills in better shape with a brand new Eden cover (about 80 bucks). I'd offer 5 tops.
  4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I just sold a 410XLT in dead mint condition and I mean you couldn't tell the difference between mine and a brand new one in the box. I sold it for $530 and that included shipping to Washington state. $600 for that one with stickers and scuffs might be a bit high.