Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Used Fender Lyte

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sputnik 5, Feb 27, 2004.

1. sputnik 5

sputnik 5

Jan 13, 2004
    I was looking at used basses at my local Guitar Center and noticed a white, Fender Lyte bass with p/j pickups. I plugged her in and whoa nelly, you could get almost every sound you could think of out of this thing.

Problem 1) While looking at the bass, I noticed two small, hairline cracks where the body meets the neck. Considering they're small and there's not any gap in the cracks, do you guys think this will be a problem?

Problem 2) One of the bolt things (this being the technical term) that you hook your strap onto is loose. It wobbles pretty bad. It looks like the hole that it's in is wider than the actual screw, so I'm guessing I can't just get another one to replace it with. I heard somewhere that you can fill the existing hole up with apoxy or something and then redrill a whole and put a new one in. Anyone know about this? Will this be a big/costly problem? Thanks.

2. theres a talkbass member selling a lyte in the for sale section right now that has bartolini pickups and preamp... id shy away from that bass you looked at, it could be trouble down the line

3. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The P-Lyte bodies are made of basswood, which is pretty soft, so this can happen pretty easily. You can insert a toothpick or two and some white glue in the hole, then put the screw back in. After the glue dries it will hold very well.

4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

I did that with my guitar nob. One little tooth pick makes the biggest differnce.