1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Used Fender Mustang PJ bass $ value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DMalinowski, Jul 11, 2018.

1. DMalinowski

DMalinowski

Apr 9, 2018
    There is a clean, used, Fender Mustang PJ bass for sale in my area for $475. w Fender gig bag. New at Sweetwater they are $575. w/o gig bag. What says the bass community? From the pics it still has plastic on p-u covers. It hs been listed for over 30 days. What would you pay?
    Thanks

2. Brio

Brio Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    If it helps, I sold a year-old PJ on Reverb not too long ago for $445. Olympic white, gig bag and an extra pickguard I’d cut. Color may make a difference on these too as things like the capri orange have been popular but not as easy to come by as the other 3.

3. $575 new at full street price but I bought mine with a Musician's Friend 20% off coupon (and no gig bag) for $460 so I'd say somewhere in the $400-$425 price range would be about right. I think Brio's $445 price WITH a gig bag sounds about spot-on to me.

$475 with a gig bag is a tad higher than I would want to pay but if it looks new and is in the color you like then at least you get to play it and that might be worth a small premium. Just my 2 cents worth...

4. DMalinowski

DMalinowski

Apr 9, 2018
    Thanks guys, this is what I was thinking. Appreciate your input and the TB community.
    David