1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Fender stylle fretless neck without lines

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by SMG, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Used Fender style fretless neck. Looks to be an old MightyMite, I think (but not sure...maybe a Chandler or even a Warmouth, don't know). No fret lines, just side dots in standard fretless positions. Has some wear, but not too much. Fender decal and Fender style string tree, but no nut or tuners. One tuner how has the remains of screw stuck in it. Truss rod is a hex that is at heel. A bit dirty, but just needs to be cleaned up. Send email for photos, if interested. Send me email address if you want photos. Thinking about $70shipped.

2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    And a couple of details...

3. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    heel width is standard 2 1/2"

4. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Sorry,but I can't quite tell from pics,is that a rounded or square heel?

5. ojo

ojo Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    PM sent.

6. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    rounded heel, same size and shape as a 72 Fender neck I have

7. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Several PM's responded to. In answer to a number of questions...
    1) The heel is the same size as a '72 Fender P neck I have, so I guess it will fit a Fender pocket.
    2) Truss rod seems to work fine. (4mm wrench at the heel)
    3) Fingerboard is ebony
    4) I don't remember where or when I got it, or if I have ever had it attached to an assembled instrument.
    5) It is a Fender style, but not an actual Fender.
    6) It is used, and shows some wear.
    7) Seems to only have sanding sealer on it, and that is worn off of a small area on the back of the heel.
    8) It needs a good cleaning (it has been sitting amongst in a bucket full of project necks for at least the 6 years I have lived in this house and I believe I got it a few years before I moved here.)
    9) The numbers and letters on the end of the heel match up with another fretless neck I have. The other neck also has a "made in Canada" stamp on the back of the heel. I suspect the two were made by the same manufacturer. (Who sold Canadian made necks in the 1990's? Who did Godin make necks for prior to marketing their own guitars/basses? I don't know if it is Godin made, but I do know they supplied parts to other companies before marketing their own stuff. Who made Kramer necks in the 1980's? I have heard that most of those were Canadian made.)
    10) No known issues beyond what is stated above

8. maggbass

maggbass

Jan 7, 2007
    new jersey
    PM sent

9. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Neck has been sold!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021