Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Used Fodera Garrison 5 for sale on the net!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emjazz, Sep 15, 2005.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    WOW!!

:eek:

Me want!!!

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yup, that's just what I thought.

4. youngheo

youngheo

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    $5195....

Is that a good deal for used garrison?

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I thought that the Garrison had a standard 33" scale?

Of course, Fodera will do what you want for the money, but I thought the things that made a Garrison a Garrison were the lower horn and the 33" tuned E-C standard.

6. Oh yeah!
    I love it, only things that bother me, 35', Woods, not garrison-ish, and not tuned E-C from what I see....
    But amazing, the price is fair too!

7. I believe the lower horn is the primary thing that defines a Garrison model. I read in an interview that Garrison himself uses two regularly.... a 33" E to C and either a 34" or 35" B to G. I've seen many of them in 35" scale.

That price seems OK... 10-15% under the discounted new price for that bass (which I would guess to be in the high $5,000's).... but then you don't have to wait a year!

I've done quite a bit of business with Glenn and I highly recommend him. He is very knowledgable (especially concerning MTD's), and has good service and decent prices.