1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

used guitars and basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ynie92992, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ynie92992

ynie92992

Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have access to sam ash and 100 dollars(yeah low) any suggestions.

2. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    save up a little longer.

or else get an SX bass if you need one RIGHTNOWRIGHTNOW

investing in a quality instrument will pay off hugely, especially if you're just beginning

3. ynie92992

ynie92992

Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    what about 200?

4. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    SX still.. Best bang for the buck and the new LTD jazzes are great instruments.

5. SX or squier, dont get a really good one tho or else ull go tone deaf and not be able to tell the difference between an alembic and a squier

6. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    if you only have 100 or possibly 200 dollars, then try to buy something from a private sale from say a craigslist ad or something.
    A guitar shop will want more for what you can get through a private sale.

7. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    East Bay, CA
    There are some great used American-made Peavey Foundation, Fury, and Patriot basses out there for that kind of money. Very well-made and fun to play. I got a fretless Patriot for $80 with case about 10 years ago. Checked it as luggage flying to the NXNW and SXSW festivals--held up great. Long gone but I miss it.

8. scootron

scootron

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    If I were trying to get the bass and the amp for $200, I'd try to go used, most likely the SX or the Squier and pair it with a Peavey Minx or if possible on of the Nemesis N8 amps. The amps would help you develop your tone, and either bass should be fairly reliable. Once in a while, though, you can find a nice Peavey used within the price range you are talking about.

9. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Save up another $400. Seriously, don't waste your money. There is nothing worth having for $100.

10. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    Fender made in Mexico Squires are very good basses for $100-ish. You can find Mexico non-Squires for $200 (and sometimes less).

11. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
  12. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX