1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Hybrid Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by baddarryl, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi all. I am patiently looking for a deal on a used amp head scouring locally mostly. I think I have decided to look for a hybrid with a tube pre and SS power section for the obvious reasons that make them popular. I don't have a cabinet yet, but that will probably be determined by the head. If I buy used I want a company with a good reputation for reliability and service. 3-500 watts $500 or less.

I like a good mostly clean with a hint of overdrive rock tone. To me (like most) the SVT is the gold standard, but that is not set in stone for me. GK? Hartke? Ashdown? Aguilar? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. I, for one, am not sure what you are asking for here. If it’s product recommendations that can be done. If you are asking us to sell you such stuff that we may own and want to sell that is not allowed under the rules.

3. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    No I am not asking for stuff to buy here. I know what the classifieds are for. Plain and simply what are the more reliable brands that you can find on the used market is really my question. Thanks.