1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Mesa 400+ Price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DEFUNKTED, Nov 28, 2006.

1. DEFUNKTED

DEFUNKTED

May 4, 2006
    Dope City
    What's the fair market value for a used 400+ these days?

I'm seeing beat up ones on Ebay for $1200 buy it now!:eek:

2. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I think if you find a nice one with good tubes for under $900 you're doing well.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    You should find 400+ amps for the 600 to 900 range. Most of them fall in the 7-800 range in good shape. If it's 900, it should have new tubes, a case and like-new condition.

4. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Every time I see one, it seems to be right at or below the $1000 mark. Really makes me appreciate mine, I think I paid around $1200 used back in the mid 90's.....now that's keeping it's value in my mind! :smug:

5. Seems the value has been going up for a while. I paid basically $700 for mine, retubed and all, from another TBer.

6. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    IIRC, I paid $700 for mine last year, in a 4 space SKB rolling rack, and all tubes with the exception of one output pair fine (replaced just the pair). Oh, missing one knob on the EQ - $2 from Mesa made that whole.

- Tim

7. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Keep your eyes peeled for a Sunn 300T as well. When I knew I wanted a tube amp I knew it would either be a 300t or a Mesa 400+. A really nice 300T showed up and that is what I got. They go used about the same price. 600-800, grab either up. +900 or more, as someone else said, make sure it is extra nice with new tubes, nice case, etc.

8. I think that the price has gone up since I was first looking at them...

Basically, if you can get a decent one for 700 or 800, you had better buy it! Most I have seen lately go for closer to the 1000 mark, sometimes higher....For a standalone unit.

I got mine for 1100...Although it did come with a rack, tuner, and conditioner.

9. there was one in the Boston Craigslist recently for $750.00 in good condition... I won't forget it cause I just bought a new one for $1600.00 and was like OMFG!

10. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    theres one at my local guitar center for 600 ...its been there over a year, so i bet theyd let it go for 500ish. not sure on the tubes, but it is in great condition .