1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Mike Lull question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LBSCATL, Dec 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LBSCATL

LBSCATL Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I am interested in a used Mike Lull passive 5 string P bass. There are a couple listed on reverb but the prices seem high to me. Both are listed $2300-$2500. I was only able to find one listing on the web for a price for a new one and it was around $2600. In my experiences with buying and selling used gear it seems like used gear goes for around half the new price. Are the prices on these Mike Lull's accurate to the market? Anyone with experience buying or selling one let me know.

2. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Hmmm...1959 Les Paul Standard new-$249. Used $700,000.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  3. Low Key

Low Key Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I would say those prices are high. I bought a slightly used Lull M5V (active Jazz 5'r) for around $1,800. Lulls are FANTASTIC basses, but I believe can be had for much less than those prices you list.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Price for a new P5 is right around $3,300.

That said, those prices for a used stock P5, assuming they are stock, seem a little high.

5. PGold

PGold

Jun 3, 2017
    I agree with LeonD. That seems a bit high. If the bass is near mint, it might be worth it. I bought a passive P5 at the end of July. It's insane. Seriously, killer. You won't be disappointed.

Attached Files:

6. I agree with the others. You should probably keep looking. Never know when or where a good deal will pop up.

PGold likes this.
  7. GC has a AAAAA quilt top Lull Jazz in "great" condition with a case for $1989 right now, for comparison's sake.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021