Used Musicman 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nails, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    What are some of the average prices you see used Musicman 5s going for? The used market is doesn't exist in my area (the new market doesn't either, practically no one here is a musician).

I'm really interested in getting a 5 eventually, and every MM I've played has had a great neck, tight B, and the battery access is great. I'm not crazy about the coil selector switch (I couldn't really hear a difference in the settings, but that is a minor detail set it and leave it), and they just look cool. I would love to get a new one, but I'm about to buy some recording equipment, and then I'm moving off to college where work will be low pay and bad hours (I am hoping for a recording studio job, that'd be sweet), not to mention I'm cheap in general and have no problems buying used (that's how I've gotten pretty much everything else I have).

Thanks in advance,
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I just received TODAY my used Stingray 5 fretless. Found it on classifieds and it is exactly what I wanted. White body with matching headstock. Pau ferro unlined board with no wear. White pearloid guard. Mint with MM hardcase. $800.00. I still can't wipe the grin off my face.
  3. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Congrats on the sweet deal there snyderz. I hope I can get something that good.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    They hold their value really well. 8 is a good price.
  5. Got my fretless 5 for $900 on BassNW. Sunburst with matching headstock.. sweet birdseye maple on the back of the neck that I've never seen (in person) on another MM.