Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Used peavey cirrus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Suckbird, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I know, i have been searching on ebay for a while but now i found a used peavey cirrus for 1200$ in europe, here's the picture http://www.vendolin.se/annons.php?135422, and the best thing of all: It's in my city, so i would be able to pick it up and try i. :D
    In sweden those basses goes for almost 3000$ so the price would be fair.
    And this bass got nothing but good reviews/comments.
    Also, how do these basses go for on ebay?

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Standard models typically go for up to $900 (USD), where more unusual ones, like ones with maple fingerboards, or the tiger eye can go up to about $1200 or so. However, considering your location, $1200 for this standard redwood top model sounds like it might be a very good deal for you.

Also, I should point out the redwood top model is a little less typical, and has an incredible warm "vintage-like" tone, which does add value. There was one in a shop nearby for a while... a TB'er now happily owns it. :)

Also, I had a Cirrus, and like a complete fool, traded it off, and regretted it seriously ever since. I now have another one, so life is good again. These things are wonderful, and still a hell of a value 'cause of the Peavey name and their rep still hasn't caught up with them. :)

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    +1

I'm trying to find one now for a good used price... on the second-hand market, these basses are often steals, because people don't realize how well-made they are.

4. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Cirrus basses are about as close to "boutique" as one could ever get in a production model. Although, Cirrus basses aren't your typical production "crank them out in huge volume" basses.

They are closer to being custom made. Awesome workmanship and playability and versatility is fabulous.

I almost got rid of mine because of problems I was having with scale length (physical problems), but thankfully I didn't have to. I would have regretted it.

5. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I bought mine used for $650 (Maple / Alder 4), here at Talkbass.
    The lowest price I saw was $550 (at Bass Emporium several months ago). You can find a Cirrus 4 between $600 - $800
    and 5 for $700 - $900, from time to time.
    I waited (and searched) for about 3 months before I bought mine.