1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Precision prices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Donners, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Donners

Donners

Mar 20, 2006
    Hi people

Iv'e had a good look around to see what prices people have paid for used USA and Mexican Fenders in the UK with little luck.
    I currently have a USA Californian Hot Rodded P-bass but am looking for a normal precision.
    What price should I look to pay for a) Good condition current USA precision and b) A same spec Mexican.

Thanks in advance

Ant

2. ive seen some various prices, especially in the seccond hand 70's p's...theres one at a pawnbroker here in really great condition for $2200aus

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Early 70's are in the $2200.00 to $2600.00. range
    Late 70's are $1800.00 to $2200.00. range.
    80's and up $600.00 to 1600.00 depending on year, and condition.

4. Out of curiosity, what might a 64 Sunburst Pbass go for. Mine still has the PU covers and the original string mutes. It looks like the Jamerson bass.

5. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    $9,000 and up, if truly original.....

6. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    my MIM jazz was £200, ive seen MIM Ps go up to £300, but usually they are between 200-300.

as for MIAs, id say around 400-500, im not fully sure since ive never thought about getting one. that would be the standard USA P, nothing fancy

7. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

how about a 67p w/oval tuners, original?
    [​IMG]
    I'm still trying to make the final decision on to sell or not, would like to hear a few opinions on the value if you could...

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Ant, What are your colour preferences?;)

9. Donners

Donners

Mar 20, 2006
    Chrome red or black I think, just missed a Chome red 2002 MIA on ebay non S-1. Went for £450, gutted, I'd have had that!
    I actually want a second hand one not just for price but because I won't worry about it too much, I panic everytime I brush my bass with a pic.