1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by saxnbass, Aug 19, 2007.

1. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Unkown set, round, 5-string; came on an OLP bass and were replaced right after I got it. $10

Rotosound TruBass Nylon, flat, 5-string. $30

Rotosound Swing 66 Steels, round, 4-string; used for about a week or two. $12

D'Addario Chromes, flat, 4-string. $20

D'Addario EXPs (I'm pretty sure), round, 5-string. $20

Ernie Ball Super Slinkes, round, 4-string; came on my Bongo and took them off after a day or two. $13

Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, round, 4-string; came on my other Bongo and took them off after a day. $13

SIT Power Flats, inbetween flats and halfwounds, 4-string; used for 5 minutes to try out, wasn't quite what I was expecting. $12

Or the whole lot for $110 shipped (save $20)

All prices include shipping via USPS to USA.

I can't remember how they're all cut, but most 4s are probably 3+1 MM style. So they'll work on 3+1 and 2+2s. The 5s will work on 4+1 and 3+2. No 4-in-lines or 5-in-lines.

Strings.
    Power Flats not pictured, sorry. They're in the original box in the original envelopes.

2. do the roto's still have there tone to them? i had a steve harris signature set and they lost tone after about a week or so.. got a bad set... obviously.. so how are the rotosound swing 66's?

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    if you could ship to canada (I would pay the difference in shipping) and if you think they fit on a 4 in-line I would take those.
    SIT Power Flats, inbetween flats and halfwounds, 4-string; used for 5 minutes to try out, wasn't quite what I was expecting. $12

4. rawrOOO

rawrOOO

Jul 12, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    haha i do that same thing, post-it notes on the outside of the string pouches..id never remember what's what without em !

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    The Swing 66s are very bright when new. Most people like the tone they have after a week of playing them. These are there, I only took them off to try out a different set of strings and forgot about them. Don't really want them anymore, as I do have another 2 sets of these that are unused.

Won't fit a 4-in-line. They went on a Bongo, so the G string won't reach. Sorry.

Yep, that way I know what's what.

6. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    To whom it may concern, the D'Addario Chromes just get better with age, so them's a helluva deal. ;)

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    That's very true, and mine are aged nicely. Not very old, but nice tone. Probably cause I've had them sitting for so long and didn't really play them, they kind of aged, but not like if you played them. They sound really sweet. I just don't use them now that I have my TIs, I prefer the TIs, they are mellower. Chromes are fairly bright sounding flats, IMO, perfect on a fretted P bass or fretted Music Man.

8. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    I wish I had tried them on my MM Stingray, I just might not have sold it. ;)

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    All still available.... OBO folks. :)

10. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    TTT