Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Used SWR Redhead Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stu L., Oct 22, 2002.

1. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    What would be a fair offer for a used (roughly 10 years old) Redhead? I know the seller, and EVERYTHING he has is in perfect condition. He came across a deal on a SuperRedhead, and thought of me for the old Red. Any thoughts? A search brought nothing that benefitted me.

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    El Bumpo was here;)

3. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    i sold mine recently (upgraded to ampeg 6x10HLF and SVT III pro head) cuz i'm playing some bigger shows....

if it is really in excellent condition i'd say expect to pay apprx $900 from a stranger. the rest depends on how good a friend this is, and what shape it's in.

these are really awesome amps, and built so well that i don't think the quality dimishese too much with age.

you should be happy with it though...

-e

4. Check the speakers if the combo is 10 y.o.

They might be tired by now.

5. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    true. i had to replace mine.

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Redheads have shown up on bassgear in the $700 range. Super Redheads go in the $900-1000 range depending on condition.
    Doc Snyder

7. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Sounds good to me. I've seen Supers on Ebay go for about 900-1000, as you say, and given that I just bought a new Super for $1299, I couldn't personally see folks paying much more than $700 for a 10 year old version with less power. Just my 2¢, of course...

8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Thanks to you all. I always hate when people tell me to make an offer. It's harder to talk 'em down that way;)