1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Used Tobias six string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sanderic, Oct 19, 2013.

1. sanderic

sanderic

Jun 3, 2011
    I was in Nashville this week, and stopped in at Gruhn Guitars. They had a Tobias six string previously owned by Willy Weeks, for $2000.00. It was a very nice bass, but I can't find a comparable one on EBay to gauge a value. The bass did not have a serial number on the back of the headstock, but the salesman did say it had a number, and it was a Gibson style number that would date it around 2004. I did play this bass, and it is a good one. I just don't know what the going price for this model is. Thanks for your help. BTW, also looked at a Roscoe six string, and it has my eye, big time.

2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Rest assured, Gruhn will be well aware of the market value of this bass.

3. Brams77

Brams77

Jun 30, 2009
    Rest assured... No not really.... normally these would go for alot less...
    ITS not a pre Gibson tobias just a plain old tobias killer b 6... Nothing fancy...
    Yeah sure Willy weeks and so on, trust me it's not the bass it's Willy
    Making the tones, if you gave one of those artists a crap bass iTS still would sound insane... Besides that Willy played alot of basses I have seen some other instruments that he supposedly owned Being sold over here in Tb.. Prolly werent good enough to hang on to... Not Being negatieve hehe;)
    If it sounds out of this world I guess it would be ok... But I think you should be able to find another that just sounds as nice for less money... Think about that for a moment and spend your money wisely!

4. sanderic

sanderic

Jun 3, 2011

Thanks. I could not find the same bass for sale to get a relative value. It is a nice bass, I just don't want to pay too much for it.

5. Brams77

Brams77

Jun 30, 2009
    You are paying quite a bit more then these go for normally... I think you must be able to find one for around 1000-1400 dollar.