Useful Mini Q-tron settings??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Mini Q users:

I just acquired one and I several questions. I can't seem to get many useful sounds out of the thing. For one, the only band setting that works for bass is "low band".

I found a pretty funky setting with the left dial at 7-9 O'clock and the Q dial at about 4-5 O'clock.

Other than that, that's it. I'm finding it's not really tweakable.

I'm running it through the effects loop of a sansamp RBI and then into an Acme Low B2. My bass is an actice '79 Musicman Sabre.

One last thing. Does the battery just flop inside the bottom of the pedal? It's not secure anywhere. Any thoughts appreciated. Perhaps this is more of a guitar effect, but I thought it'd be more tweakable tan my bassballs, but it really isn't. Thanks.
  2. Hey MPG

I agree that these pedals are hard to dial in but you can get some seriously funky sounds. I run a Sadowsky 24f through one into an AI Focus head and then an ACME. I can't remember the name of the dials but the one on the left is between 8-9 o'clock and the other is between 1-2 o'clock. This is with the low setting.

I've found that the slightest difference in either of the 2 dials changes the sound dramatically. Also I'm running the bass straight into the pedal and then the preamp. I've found that it doesn't sound real good through the effects loop. Also I've had mine modified to include a pasive volume dial so that I can match the output to my non-effected sound. I couldn't use this pedal without this mod.

Have fun dialing in the funk.