Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Useful?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ladros2, Feb 26, 2006.

1. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What's wrong with scales? Works just as good and less risk for joint and finger damage.

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I've read (on this board) that the grips may actually hinder your dexterity, bass-wise.

4. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Here in Ireland, most venues have no area for musicians, so we're in the audience until we come on. Especially for the younger peoples. So we can't exactly sit around with our instruments before going onstage.

5. completely off topic, but where in Ireland are you? My father was born and raised in Dublin. His father's pharmacy is famous around those parts from what ive heard

6. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Malahide, a town north of Dublin city. I'm in the city five days a week for school though, and will be for college next year. What's the place called?

7. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    +1 on that!

Use the muscles that you will play with. It might take longer, but it works better.

However..... if you just want to burn energy or are in some sort of a stressful situation....... nah, just do scales. ALL of them.

8. Hmm, might be good for a hockey player...

9. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Seems like they might fatigue your hand instead of helping you warm up..

10. Foley's Pharmacy IIRC