1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Useless Rig of Doom!?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
  2. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy

Mar 22, 2012
    I wouldn't call it useless without actually hearing this rig, but my back hurts just by looking at this picture

Mine's not working at 100% right now, so I can't say I've heard it, but I see it every time I go in my room:

'72 Traynor YBA-1
    '72 Traynor YC-810 "Big B" (big sister of the cab in the add)

[​IMG]

3. That rig is a lot louder than you think!

4. Why wouldnt the head work with those speakers? More speakers = More sensitivity = More volume per watt. Sounds like a GOOD thing with a low powered head.

5. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I guess it's a matter of proportion unless 300 lbs of 12x10 is what's optimal to handle all those thundering tube watts.

6. There are many advantages to low power tube amps. And yes one of them is crazy volume with enough speakers.

7. If someone likes the tone of a head, the way to get it louder is with more speakers (a more sensitive speaker combination)... I dont see where your confusion is.

8. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I can't speak for the speakers, but that head is the shiznit. YBA-1A's or Bassmaster mark II's as they are also known, are loud, reliable, tone beasts. That head, through one or two EVM 15L's was my preferred rig for decades.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021