Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

User Reviews of: Fodera 2000 Pre Amp Wanted

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jim T., Apr 12, 2004.

1. Has anyone tried or used extensively, the Fodera 2000 outboard pre amp?

I'd like to know, at the very least, if it is supposed to be exactly the same (or better?) than the Mike Pope onboard pres used in Imperials and Matt Garrison models.

Thanks!

2. No one's tried one? No one's read spec.s on 'em?

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've used it, and others have, but I'm not sure how many have directly compared it to the onboard version.

I had one and liked it, if it had a DI I'd still have it.
    If you search in here you'll find a number of discussions.

4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I haven't demo'd against the on-board, but have been using the out-board extensively for about 2 years, and it is one piece of gear I consider essential. I keep all settings at 12 o-clock, it has focused the tone of every bass I've used it with, particularly in the mid, low-mid, and low-low-mid frequencies. I consider it my equalizer going against 2 Les Paul tube amp players (Laney & Marshall), I usually have no problem being heard. 2 thumbs up!

5. Thanks guys. It's sounding good. If anyone knows of other threads (I did a search originally) please give me a link to them.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The offboard preamps tend to get discussed more in the effects forum, where there's a bunch of threads.

7. DavidMWilson,
    Thanks. I started my searches there and again in pickups but didn't see anything specific about the Fodera 2000 or A/B ing them with the onboard Pope Pres-so thought I'd pick a forum and ask around.

I'll call Mike Pope eventually but hoped to find some user experiences so that I'd be asking the right questions.

Thanks as always for the assistance guys n gals