1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

users of the GB shuttle 6.0. . .

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thatswisskid, Oct 8, 2009.

1. thatswisskid

thatswisskid

Aug 4, 2009
    hey all shuttle users. .
    just wondering what cabs you run with your shuttle
    and how it sounds. . .
    need advice. .
    cheers [=

2. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    SWR SoB and GIII (1x15 & 2x10)
    I generally like the HifI sound so I think
    they sound freakin awesome. no complaints. having two piezo horns are a little much with the shuttle, so the 15 gets its tweeter nixed all together.

3. Igital

Igital

Dec 19, 2008
    Norway
    I use the Eden D410XLT. Maybe kind of a strange combination (lightweight+heavyweight) and not everybody's flavour, but when I crank up the tube gain combined with the growly mids of the cab I get a tone I really love. Definitely not HiFi. It cuts through anything, even when I sometimes compete with four loud guitars and a drummer who previously played punk and metal. The cab is extremely efficient so no need for a Shuttle 9.0 here. When the guitars turn up (as they always do...) I usually just add a little more mids and I'm back in the mix.

My primary sound is probably not unlike some British 90's band like Stone Roses or Kula Shaker, but working a little with the Shuttle and the EQ on the bass I can get almost any sound I want out of it. It's mostly in your fingers anyway.

4. boing

boing

Feb 15, 2004
    WNC, USA
    There seems to be a special magic between the Shuttle and Jim Bergantino's AE series. I have an AE112 as a grab-n-go box. It sounds great as a standalone, smooth but present. And with an AE210 on top, the cabs really compliment each other, too.

But I really can't wait for my second AE210 to get here... :ninja:

I'd call the combination "modern" sounding, but not necessarily hi-fi (at band volumes, it seems there's always going to be some organic tubey character in there). Whatever it is, I've been happy with my bass tone for over a year now, and that's never happened before.

5. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    The 6.0 can be eq'd to nearly anything you want. My personal preference is 2 x 112Neox cabs!!

6. QU!CK

QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    2 aguilar GS112 cabs.....I love the tone, slightly scooped mids and most would call it hi-fi. The shuttle is a pretty versitle amp by itself so getting a nice tone can be done with (almost) any cab IMO.

-J

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    With my Shuttle 6 I use an older Flite Sound 1x15 loaded with a Peavey BW 1502DT 4ohm with a 5" aluminum driver and Flite's crossover. I never use the 5" driver.

It sounds bigger than it is.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    what he said...

truth be told,

i only use my shuttle for rehearsal halls, so the cab in question could be an old harkte 4x10, a bagend 1x15, an ampeg 8x10, etc. and thru them all, the shuttle delivers a shiny glossy, articulate sound.

but like boing mentioned, if i were to choose one cab line, it'd be the bergantino ae series. some incredible synergy going on there. the shuttle's gloss and hifi sweetness, coupled w/ the berg's airy tweeter, w/ the speaker drivers lower middy darker psuedo ceramic punch make for a terrificly hifi, yet punchy and oddly, warm sound.

9. huh - now I'm GAS-ing for a Bergantino!

I have used my Shuttle 6.0 in several ways. I actually got the 6.0 210T combo and I most often use that with a Genz Benz Neox 112 as the second cab. That's usually enough for me, although having a Neox 212 sounds excellent. For gigs where I can only bring one cab, I've taken the 6.0 off the combo setup (very easy to do) and driven the Neox 112 with it, just sitting it on top. Very versatile unit.

10. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Accugroove Tri-115 (unfortunately, for sale) or a TecAmp S212 - sounds great with either. Of course, it sounded great with the Aggie 112's, the Berg HT/EX stack, and the Whappo Jr.

Dan K.

11. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I run my 6.0 with a pair of Eden 210 cabs. One is the 210XLT and the other is the 210XST. They go together very well and provide a balanced, growly tone that just positively cuts through any mix!

12. brandtb

brandtb

Aug 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm using a ShuttleMax 6.0 with a Genz Benz Live Series LS-410T. It's an 8-ohm cab. They don't make them anymore, but there are still a few retailers with some in stock.

Love the tone and I have no problem being heard in the mix.

Even better...if I need more, I can add another 8-ohm cab and wreak sonic havoc!

13. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Uber210
    Dual Uber210's
    Uber212
    NeoX212
    NeoX112
    dual NeoX112
    12t combo cabinet

and hopefully in the near future with the matching12 extension cab.

The 6.0 is a versitile smooth sounding head that is capable of making any cabinet sound good.

14. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    How bout with a Bergantino HS210??

15. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    I have yet to hear it sound bad thru anything.

16. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    a matched set of an uber410 and Uber212 haunts my dreams! :)

17. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    you want pictures?

18. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    actually for a real sick deal...dual Uber210's and an Uber212. Stacked as follows

It is a blunt force trauma rig powered with a Max12.0