1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using a 6 pin switch while I need only 3?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Inconnu, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Hi!
    I’m preparing to order pots and switches for a project (installing Lace Alumitone bass bars and turning an active bass passive) and I have the following question.

I want to install a split coil switch to both pickups, they are wired for that and really want to have that flexibility. One of the options I see is to use push-pull volume pots, but the ones I see all have 6 pins switches. The schematics Lace have on their website uses 3 pins mini toggle switches. Can I use the 6 pin push-pull pot anyways, and if so, how?

If it’s too complicated,I’ll just go with mini toggle switches but...

2. Yes, the 6 pin switches have 2 sets of poles so you only use one side, or, you can use one switch to split both pickups. However, if you do that, they are both humbucking or both single coil, you can’t have one one way and one the other.

Inconnu likes this.
  3. Good!
    So I’d use only one side and 2 push pull pots!