1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using a G****R amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tomhanzo, Oct 1, 2008.

1. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Ok i searched and couldnt find anything on this so please don't hate heavy.

I was wondering if i could send my signal both to my rumble 210 and to a guitar amp.
    The reason i ask is because i was thinking, i use a lot of distortion and octav up effects.
    Would this be a good idea or not?

2. Tom Petersson does this- I doubt he's the only or even first one to think of it. You can probably find info on his exact setup; I'd expect that he splits his signal between lows & highs, sending highs to a more guitar-like combination of amps & cabs, while the lows go to a more traditional bass-type rig.
    Entwistle also had a very elaborate setup but had separate sections for low, mid & high end.

3. Only if you sent the upper octave to the guitar amp. If any of your normal signal gets to it (any of the low freqs) it'll still kill the guitar amp.

4. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    ooooooo

both of you answered the only two things i needed to know. I am very noob when it comes to amps.

thank you both a bunch

5. svenbass

svenbass Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Boston
    I did this in the early 90's with my Rick - neck p/u into a bass rig and bridge p/u into a Marshall half stack. It was an incredible sound - perfect for the speed metal trio I was in.

Running a bass into a guitar amp will not hurt the amp at all - the only danger is to the speakers themselves. I simply turned the bass knob all the way down on the Marshall and was careful not blast away on 10. I ran that rig for 4 years and never had any issues, though by the end the speakers were starting to get a little hairy. I also used a boss compressor pedal to keep things from peaking too hard.