Using a head with no cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Morson93, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Morson93

Morson93

Jan 27, 2009
    I've just bought an SVT 3 pro w/ Rackmount tuner and flight case for £475 inc postage! but i don't have the funds to get the cab just yet, so is there any way i can use this like through the computer, through headphones, through any kind of speaker? Thanks!

2. PaulNYC

PaulNYC

Apr 2, 2009
    New York, NY
    i got paid for a gig once.
    not without spending more money.(or time to get something free)

3. Morson93

Morson93

Jan 27, 2009
    I have an XCans headphone amp, any chance of this working?

4. if the thing has an effects loop, you could run the effects send from the pre to the headphone amp, to get an idea for what it sounds like.

5. Morson93

Morson93

Jan 27, 2009
    it does have an effects loop with send and return, so how would i hook this up? the headphone amp isn't 1/4" jacks, it's a mono lead (red and white)

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Be very careful what you are doing. If you connect from the speaker jacks to a headphone amp OR a computer you will damage both. See if you can rent a suitable cabinet, it's the only way to verify if your bargain actually works. The amp could work just up to the effects jacks and no further.

Paul

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Just be patient, and wait till you have a proper bass cab. It won't sound all that good without a good cab anyway.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021