1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using a POD live/two outputs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Harper, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    Two questions, really....

I'm wanting to run the POD's modeled signal to the mixing board and a dry, unaffected signal to an onstage amp. Would running the Unprocessed Bass Out to the amp be the best way to do this?

My other question (after having read the manual, I might be over-thinking it), what is the difference between the D.I. and Model outputs?

2. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    I'm going to rever to the PRO rack products, which is my experience with the POD.

DI is totally unaffected bass out, but slightly time delayed to match for the processing delay of the modeled output. So if you use a bunch of POD effects, you'll get none of it out the DI output. At least that's my understanding, I never tried it.

In contrast the guitar version, while having all the same bass amps/etc. if you have the bass pack, has no specific DI out. Though it has a POD/DI blend function. But there's no way to output both modeled and unmodeled outputs out of the guitar version. But you have the ability to use stereo effects, stereo effects loop, and output in full stereo.

3. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    OK, so if I run a quarter inch out of the Unprocessed Bass Out into the front of an onstage amp it's going to be slightly out of time with what comes out of the POD?

4. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    Well...I guess no one has ever tried it. :rolleyes:

5. atheos

atheos

Sep 28, 2008
    Tampere, Finland
    Bass POD XT Live had two outputs which could be assigned as DI/processed or low/high. Normal POD/POD2.0/POD XT doesn't have such option if I remember correctly. POD X3 on the other hand has two separate signal paths and I'm pretty sure it can be configured as DI/processed. If you have guitar POD/POD2.0/POD XT I think you're out of luck.

6. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    Heh, guess it may have helped if I'd specified which Pod I was using; it's the Bass POD XT Pro

7. atheos

atheos

Sep 28, 2008
    Tampere, Finland
    In that case you should be able to use the 1/4" DI output. There is speaker simulation when the POD is in Studio mode; switch over to Live mode to get totally dry signal. Refer to the manual for more information, Line6 has always had excellent and easy-to-understand manuals.

8. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    Thanks for the help; I did check the manual but I couldn't suss out if the DI signal was totally unaffected. Ideally (obviously), it would be great to run the quarter inch D.I. to my amp the the XLR model to the board.