1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using a Power Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fishstix, Nov 13, 2006.

1. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I'm looking at adding a power amp to my current rig in order to run multiple cabs with different eq settings and volume levels. What I'd like to do is to set my Mesa Powerhouse 212 at one volume with my standard eq and have my Eden 210 monitor coming back at me at a differnt volume and with an eq adjusted to that cab. I've got a nice external stereo eq by dbX and can split my signal with a for this purpose. What I'd like to know is what power amp recomendations people would make. The Eden is rated at 350 watts at 8 ohms. I'll be using my SWR Bass 750 to push the Mesa 212.
    I'm just sick of all my tone being pushed at my knee caps and getting mainly low end stage rumble where I'm standing. The 210 is great but doesn't need as much power as it is aiming at my ear and it definitely needs to be eq'd differently than my 212.
    Thanks,
    Fishstix