1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using a powered sub

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rberry7777, Oct 2, 2013.

1. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    Any one doing this? I mocked up a version at home using the line out of my mb200 into a old biamp M2V crossover into BGW power amp into 2 EV tl 15 cabs. Just fed from 80-100 below to the 15,s. Mammy jamma did this sound great. The 2-12 cab runs full range

2. Are those actually dedicated subs, or are they tl606 cabs with bass drivers in them?

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    You got a taste of it then.

Real subs will do a lot more of it than those cabs you used.

4. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    They are original TL 606 cabs with the ev 15 L speakers. Port covers on. Had them since 77 - still kick. But i also agree an actual sub would be very potent. Best part is i gig with this 2-12 cab a lot but I wanted a way to amp up for higher volume gigs.

Thinking of a plate amp in the 500 watt range with a 15 eme neo lf. 4 ohm. Ill build another ultralight ported cab for the whole shebang

5. philtoler

philtoler

Dec 3, 2009
    I use a converted Gale Force 25W 8 inch powered sub and it's perfect for low volume practice eg with acoustic guitars and Cajon percussion - it does what small cheap dedicated bass amps can rarely do - tiny lightweight little box but with a real deep fat bass sound all the way down to the B string.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  7. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    That is one of the coolest things i have seen period! I have been looking for even a straight forward version of this fir a while. But these guys have really taken it to the max!

Minidsp.com

Thanks for sharing that.

8. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    Here is a view of the current test rig- 2-12 eminence neo's in a sealed cab - 2 15's in TL606 cabs GK MB200 feeds a Biamp xover - lows out only to BGW amp - into 2-15's
    both feeds = 4 ohms. It is simply a monstrous joy!

Attached Files:

9. Got another preamp? You want to put the crossover between that and your amps so the 12's aren't full range. Also stand the 12's up tall.

10. Cool. It even looks loud. :)