1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Using a single FS5U to control two effect pedals...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_lord_mutha, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I've got a Boss RC3 Loop Station and DD7 Delay and room on my pedalboard for only one Boss FS5U footswitch, and I've made a single mono to dual mono Y-cable to run the footswitch to both pedals, used on the DD7 for tap-tempo and on the RC3 to stop playback on a loop (pressed and released) and clear a patch (hold). Thus far it seems to work exactly how I'd imagined it would, save for the fact that when I tap the tempo for the delay it also taps the tempo for the rhythm machine on the RC3, though I have the 'rhythm' volume all the way down so it doesn't play a rhythm. Just curious if anyone else has done this and what their experiences are.

2. This is a great idea. I'm surprised it works as well for you, but I guess if it is not messing anything up on the loop station or the delay than its ok. I'd be worried about stopping a loop and messing up the delay time though.

Maybe something like the expressionator would be able to let you switch where the FS-5U signal was coming from?