Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Using a TC Electronic GMajor with a bass rig???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sgtthump, Apr 14, 2005.

1. I have this processor for my guitar rig, but never really thought about using it for my bass rig. Is anyone doing this? Heck, I was putting pedals together in my mind for my bass pedalboard, but I should probably just use my GMajor! DUH!!!

I could run it through the effects loop on my Ampeg B2R and I assume it would work well (I'll try it tonight). Just looking for any feedback.

Also, I know a compressor should normally go between the guitar and the amps input jack, but has anyone used a compressor in the loop for bass guitar? If so, I can just use the compressor on my GMajor. My right hand plucking technique isn't quite up to snuff yet and I'd like to even out my attack a little with a compressor.

Chris

2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    Regarding the G-Major - go for it. Some effects sound better in a more expensive multi FX, or as pedals, but it's a nice all-round machine with decent FX-quality. :)

3. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i always keep my dbx 163x cmpressor in my effects loop. it sounds better to me that way because everything i do before the compressor is kept in 'proportion' to the sound i'm working off of, and the compression is just to sort of 'even out' the dynamics of my sound and help it find that groove in teh overall band sound

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I use it in my rig, sounds great.

5. Sorry know this is age old, how did it go with the effects loop on the ampeg, any issues with levels or with the sound of it ?