Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Using a WW Amber in West Japan

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonathan Starr, Apr 16, 2004.

1. I'll be playing some gigs in the Hiroshima area of Japan in May, and I am considering bringing my WW Amber (700w) amp and borrow or rent speaker cabs.

I understand the power there is 100v 60hz. Has anyone used a WW Electroacoustic amp in Japan?

Aloha,

Jonathan

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I know Walter sells a lot of amps to Japan so I wouldn't think there would be a problem.

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Aloha Jonathan:

Is yours 110 50hz?

bmc

4. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    The owner's manual says 90v-130v, 50-60HZ in the down position, 180v-260v, 50-60HZ in the up position.

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I need to get one of those heads. They seem to be hard to find.

6. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    All you need to do is call Walter and order one. I'll PM the phone # to you.

7. It never occurred to me to check the specs on the bottom of the amp, DUH.....

It reads: 90v-130v, 50-60HZ in the down position, 180v-260v, 50-60HZ in the up position.

I guess I'm good to go. And for Europe next summer (I hope) too.

Aloha,

Jonathan

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Jonathan....will Europe include Switzerland?

9. So far we have someone working on gigs in northern and eastern Italy. We also have a friend who owns a resort in Austria in the mountains.

I would love to get up to Switzerland. It's one European country I have never visited, though I love the mountains and Swiss culture.

I play with a Latin trio; guitar, bass, percussion playing originals based on Salsa, Flamenco, Rumba, Ranchero etc.

The WW is the ultimate amp for travelling, though I've never been off Maui with it yet.

Aloha,

Jonathan