1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using Amp Effects Loop with GT10B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by davidbassman, Apr 30, 2010.

1. davidbassman

davidbassman

Nov 4, 2007
    Hey Guys,

just bought a Boss GT10B to go with my rig (Eden Traveler 550). Just wanted to see where you would place it & why? after my Bass, or in the effects loop??

thanks!

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I'm fairly certain that those type of units are designed to be used after your bass and into the input of the amp instead of the effects loop. I may be wrong.

3. gumtown

gumtown

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    There are a few ways of hooking 'em up.

A.) Bass > GT-10B input, GT10B output > amp input.
    this setup is best not to use any GT-10B preamps as you are already running through one on your amp.

B.) Bass > GT-10B input, GT-10B output > amp Fx Return.
    This setup is best to use the GT-10B preamps since you are using your amp as a power amp only, and will allow more variety using the different GT-10B preamp models.

C.) Bass > amp input, amp Fx send > GT-10B input, GT-10B output > amp FX return.
    I have not tried this setup, but i imagine the levels would not be quite right.

D.) Bass > GT-10B input, GT-10B S/R Send > amp input, amp FX Send > GT-10B S/R Return, GT-10B output > amp Fx Return.
    This setup is known as the 4 cable method (4CM) and will give the most from the GT-10B and your amp, you can use the amp's preamp as one of the GT-10B effects and freely move it within the GT-10B signal chain, you can choose to use either your external preamp or one of the GT-10B preamps. The S/R loop effect must be enabled for this to work.