1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Using both channels on a WT-800 on 1 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Hi,

A dude was going to set up my rig for me recently. I have an WT-800 with two Eden 210T cabs (with a '64 j-bass).

He made a mistake and put the two cables from the amp into one cab, instead of putting one for each.

I had some weird sounds when I played, but I thought the was the electricity in the house or something. Finally the amp broke down, and I looked in the back and saw what he had done.

When I turned on my amp the day after, with the cabs hooked correctly, it worked just fine.

Should I experience more trouble in the future after this happened?

-hoel

2. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet when the amp shutdown before smoke appeared. The amp should be OK. You're very fortunate that your speaker survived. Moral: Never Trust a Dude.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I think what was happening was juice from the amp was trying to go back into the amp through the speaker.

KEEP THAT GUY AWAY FROM YOUR STUFF!!! :smug:

4. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    It was "juice" ? What do you mean? The sounds I got? :)

It works just fine now, I'm just afraid it breaks down in front of 700 ppl. But that won't happen I guess :p

BTW, it's the first time in my life I've had a sound that I truly love. WT-800 + 2x 210T eden cabs + 1964 Jazzbass = KILLER!

:bassist:

Thanks for answering guys!

greetings from norway,

-hoel

5. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx

American slang. Juice = Power