Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Using both channels on a WT-800 on 1 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hoel, Mar 10, 2004.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Hi,

A dude was going to set up my rig for me recently. I have an WT-800 with two Eden 210T cabs (with a '64 j-bass).

He made a mistake and put the two cables from the amp into one cab, instead of putting one for each.

I had some weird sounds when I played, but I thought the was the electricity in the house or something. Finally the amp broke down, and I looked in the back and saw what he had done.

When I turned on my amp the day after, with the cabs hooked correctly, it worked just fine.

Should I experience more trouble in the future after this happened?

-hoel

2. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Sounds like you dodged a bullet when the amp shutdown before smoke appeared. The amp should be OK. You're very fortunate that your speaker survived. Moral: Never Trust a Dude.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I think what was happening was juice from the amp was trying to go back into the amp through the speaker.

KEEP THAT GUY AWAY FROM YOUR STUFF!!! :smug:

4. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    It was "juice" ? What do you mean? The sounds I got? :)

It works just fine now, I'm just afraid it breaks down in front of 700 ppl. But that won't happen I guess :p

BTW, it's the first time in my life I've had a sound that I truly love. WT-800 + 2x 210T eden cabs + 1964 Jazzbass = KILLER!

:bassist:

Thanks for answering guys!

greetings from norway,

-hoel

5. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx

American slang. Juice = Power