Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Using both inputs on an Acoustic 220

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LeftyLB70P, Dec 2, 2005.

1. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    I have a Morley stereo volume pedal sitting at the end of my pedal board and since I end up with 2 signals going out (can't combine the signals in this particular pedal) I am contemplating simply running them both into my amp. I have learned that there is not a problem in actually setting a plug in the second input jack (apparently in the 70's/80's it was common to use a 'dummy' plug in order to override the circuit which cut's the signal strength).

I feel confident that this is ok, but want to get feedback in case I am wrong: is there any danger to actually sending 2 signals into the amp? My thinking is that I will route 1 signal through my various effects, and 1 signal straight from my bass through the volume and into the amp.

Please make comments.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Typical '70s/'80s amps with two input jacks used a couple resistors to attenuate the signal coming in the jack labeled 2 or Lo.

My only concern with what you're proposing is that if your dry signal gets inverted by one of your pedals, combining an in-phase dry signal with some out of phase dry signal will negatively affect your tone.

Does the Morley have dual inputs and dual outputs? If it does, why not just use one channel of it?