1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using compression in your tone

Discussion in 'Ask Lynn Seaton' started by ATL Bassist, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ATL Bassist

ATL Bassist

Dec 28, 2016
    Hi Lynn.

I met you at Aebersold about 6 yrs ago. It was a real pleasure to learn from you.

Do you ever use compression in your tone mix? By the way, I play electric bass pretty much exclusively. I've never been interested in using pedals/effects until recently; after coming to the conclusion that I am going to have to use effects in order to find that elusive "perfect tone".

I recently purchased an Xotic SP compressor pedal & have some questions on how it functions.

2. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX
    So sorry for the delayed reply. The technical issues where I have been unable to receive notices of posts on this forum and being able to reply to posts have been resolved.
    I have used compression a little bit in the studio, but not live. Try posting this in the electric bass forum.