1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using Firepod as live mixer?...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by mjolnir, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Is this possible? Is there some sort of software equalization I can download that supports a firewire interface?

2. The FirePod has a built in mixing feature, but as far as using DSP with it live, you would probably get a bit of latency issue. You could always try it though. The way I would try using DSP would be using Nuendo: Put the main outs of the Pod on outputs 1 and 2 (there is the knob that allows for panning between these main outputs and the live instruments) and use the monitor function. You can then add any FX onto the track your input and monitoring is on. If you do not need DSP, you can use use the interface by itself as a mixer.

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the reply, good sir. I'll give it a shot.