1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using footswitch with my Ampeg SVT2-Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marantz10, Oct 5, 2010.

1. marantz10

marantz10 Master Bass Playa

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Hey guys, I just picked up an Ampeg SVT2-Pro and very pleased with it. I am shocked how well priced it is being used and being from the Made in the U.S.A. days. I was reading through the manual about how there is a foot switch input in the back and it seems to be for a double button switch. Looking around, they seem to want me to buy the Ampeg AFP2 footswitch but it's around $50.

My questions to you guys with your experience: do any of you use the foot switch on your Ampeg SVT2-Pro? and could I use any old two button foot switch to do the same job? (any recommendations?)

For those that are clueless, apparently one button toggles a mute (very useful for when tuning and quiet parts of a song) and the other is for toggling the EQ on/off.

Thanks for pitching in! (pardon the pun!?) :D I'm just too happy with my setup now!

2. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I got my AFP2 footswitch on eBay and I think it was around $30. I think.

Not sure if any old 2-button switch will work, since the AFP2 has the 2 buttons plus 2 LEDs.