1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Using guitar head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darkonar, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Darkonar

Darkonar

Dec 14, 2011
    Chile
    First of all, I did used the search engine and found nothing very useful, and I've been reluctant to post a new thread for about a week.

I've been thinking in something like this ..sorry for the paint quality :smug:

[​IMG]

That's my new DIY 10''+15'' cab, and i'm on a pretty tight budget for the head(s) and a huuuge imagination..

So that's what i came with, I could run either one or both heads, since the speakers have their own input at 8 ohms and both heas have 2 8ohm outs.

I was thinking, when running both heads, the guitar head (Laney LX120h) should move the 10'' speaker for wet/distorted/whatever mids and highs, and the bass head (Behringer BX4500h) to the 15'' for raw dry bass..

It's pretty obvious that i won't use this to play good ol' nice duda duda bl00es jazz latin stuff :ninja:

I loove using Behringer and guitar gear :bag:

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    If it were me, I would go easy with it and not blow it up. Then get a bass head for your future and plan on selling the guitar head or keep it as a back-up.

3. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a real tomato

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    How many times has it been said here, playing a bass through a guitar head will not affect the head. The only problem is using guitar speakers with bass frequencies. Now, I'm not sure what kind of headroom or tone you will get from your Laney, but it will do fine as a bass head.

4. Running both 8 ohm taps will take it to 4 ohm. Just make sure the head can do a 4 ohm load. Other then that you can't damage anything playing a bass through a guitar head. Playing bass through a guitar cab might sound llike hot poo but you will be fine going through a guitar head to a bass cab.