Using s a combo with another cab and head??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Si-bob, Apr 5, 2002.

1. i'm currently playing through a 1x15 Hartke combo (90w)
    i'm looking to get a little more power, but not like huge cabs etc. I was wondering, could i buy a 2x10, and a head, connceting the head to the 2x10 and the 1x15 in my combo, bypassing the amp in my combo???

2. A better option.
    Buy a head and 2x10. Sell the combo and buy a 15.
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
  4. Yeah, but why do that wen i wouldn't sell the combo fer that much, not enough to cover a 1x15 cab........thats why i'm asking if i could bypass the amp...saves money

5. You can do anything you set your mind to. Cut the speaker wires on the combo and wire on a 1/4 jack if you want to, but I don't see the point. Any head/2x10 rig you get is probably gonna blow the doors off the 15 inch in the Hartke combo. Remember, the speaker in the combo is only rated for a 90 watt amp.
  6. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Make sure you put a switch in there with the 1/4" jack to take the head out of the loop or you risk smoking the head in your combo. I'm considering doing this with my 15 combo to use it when I don't want to tote my 410 around. Use my rack gear to send more power to the 15. Your 15 will likely handle much more than the 90 watts than the Hartke will send it. Be sure to check the actual rating though.