1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Using the direct out to PA

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JimInMO, Mar 27, 2009.

1. We recently acquired some JBL Eon equipment and plan to run everybody through the system in certain venues. The last couple of rehearsals I have run straight into the mixer and can really get some thump through that 18" sub but miss the tone controls of my amp. It's an Acoustic B200H. My question is, if I use the direct out of my amp do I have to have anything plugged into a speaker out jack for a load? I kinda like not lugging my cab around. Plan on buying something like a SansAmp or a Pod at some point but have to recover from the JBL purchases first.

2. Dan55

Dan55

Apr 26, 2006
    Atlanta
    No speaker load required on a solid state head. The DI out will need to be post EQ for you to retain tone control of the sound headed to the board.

3. Thanks Dan55. I didn't think solid state needed a load but couldn't find anything in the skinny little manual that came with the amp. The diagram on the back cover shows the eq circuit before the direct out so I should be good to go.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It'll say pre or post somewhere on the head, or certainly in the manual. You obviously want post.