using the GT 6 B only with a cab??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Mar 18, 2005.

1. hi,
    i dindn't know where to post this, effects or amp section...
    but i'll try it here maybe someone knows...

i have a questen: can i go with the output of my GT6-B to the input of my 4 ohm swr cabinet, and just the bass plugges into the input of the GT6-B. is this possible? and could this do any harm to the cab or maybe to the GT6-B. i mean, because of some ohm problems? has anyone tryes..or has anyone an idea..
    i want to use the preamp section without having a head before. just one of the build in preamps to my cab. the problem is i have no power amp, but maybe this is possible without one?
    I'm afraid that i would kill one of these things.

what do you say

ok thanks!
  2. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    you need a poweramp.
  3. ok thanks.. that's what I wanted to know.
    so I will look if I get one that is not too expensive.
    ...does anybody have experience with doing this.
    how does it sound??
  4. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    It works great. I don't use the GT-6B but I do go preamp ---> power amp ---> cab.

I use an Avalon U5, QSC PLX 1202 and a Bergantino HT112.
  5. I've known people who went from the GT-6B to a power amp to a cab. It's only inconvenient in that you need to bend over to tweak something a little bit. Other than that, it works pretty good. If you're shopping for a power amp, you need to make sure the GT-6B can drive it to its full power. Some high-end amps require a certain input voltage, and I don't really know what the GT-6B puts out. I'm sure someone here knows.