Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassist4christ, Dec 23, 2005.

1. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Anyone ever have a problem with USPS? I had a package with a new vintage wiring kit, the tracking number said it was dropped off but I never got it. So I went to the Post office and they said they left it by my door, but it wasn't there either.
  2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Check with your neighbors. They probably left it at the wrong door. The other possibility is that somebody stole the package.
  3. I just shipped a small parcel via USPS, as Fedex wanted over $100 vs $26, to Portugal(*sinking feeling*)...
    I'll let you know.
  4. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    One time a while back Treena Foster out of the kindness of her heart sent me a set of TI Jazz flats because the set I had had a bad E.

It was sent through the USPS and somehow never arrived. I guess it got sucked into the Bermuda triangle or something.
  5. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Did the post office say that they dropped it off?
  6. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Do those prices both include insurance for the full replacement value? If so, the USPS price represents your tax dollars hard at work (in the form of subsidy).
  7. I had a set of strings lost on me once. I wound up getting my strings in the long run, but USPS's lost package policy takes a long, long time. I had to wait something like two weeks after the expected time of my package at which time the shipper had to file a lost package claim, then if it did not show in another two weeks (which it didn't) the shipper said they would send me another set. They did, but what a PITA.

I had no tracking number on my package so hopefully yours goes a little quicker.

I would check with the shipping to make sure the address is correct and find out what to do in this case.

I will do the same thing at work, whenever I have a package that has to go outside of the states I will use USPS. The only thing I can tell you, if you did not send it "priority" (3 days in the states) it could take a very long time. Not always, but sometimes it could take anywhere from three to five weeks.
  8. While I hope this isn't true, it is a possibility. My step dad works for a company that ships via various companies. Last year they kept having problems with FedEx Ground - the package would show it was delivered, but the customers weren't actually getting them. FedEx Ground told them that they occassionally have problems with people stealing packages left at the door - people actually follow the trucks around to steal whatever gets left out. :scowl: Ever since that story, I've ALWAYS sent anything important and/or valuable requiring a signature.
  9. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    I think that it was stolen. I talked to the lady who "dropped it off" and she said he put it on the right door. So I just bought a new one from Bass parts resources.. I hope that this is the last time I have to by one. I don't know why someone would steall it. It was a vintage jazz wiring kit. Oh well
  10. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I'm really pissed with USPS right now.

I sent a 50+ pound cabinet on the 22nd to IL via UPS. It's being delivered to the fellows home today.

He sent me an amp under 15lbs. It's still at the office that he dropped it off at.

I know it's the holidays...but's clearly being shown that it can be done..... :scowl: