Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Jan 25, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Question- Someone was sending a bass to me from TX to Minnesota. He sent it without tracking(I dont recommend anyone ever do that!). It left a week ago Thursday, so 10 days ago.

Still hasnt arrived. Is this normal??

My fear is
    a) it got lost
    b) its frozen somewhere and lord knows what condition its in.
    c)it takes this long
    d)it was never sent (I do believe he sent it)

So what recourse do we have?? Is it lost in the world of missing mail??? Sorta what happened 5 yrs ago to all the bills I mailed!!
  2. BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    you did not by that not snow, sleet, etc. line. with the cold snap we had lately i am shure things slowed down. remember in those 10 days there was a weekend and a national holliday.
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    where's he live? I'll go pass on your message in person!:D
    as much as I don't like UPS least us anal folks can follow it every step of the way.
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hopefully they're just being slow. I just received a pickup today from Cali. That should be a 4-5 day trip, but instead it's been nearly two weeks. It came in, though, and looks great. Hopefully your bass will have the same results. GOOD LUCK!
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

What happens to bass that sits for a week in freezing conditions??? say 12-0 degrees?
  6. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    If the bass was shipped via USPS I don't think that they have a tracking system the way UPS does. Ten days is a little long but not panic time yet. Give it a few more days then contact the seller and have him file a claim.
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

Sounds good. We'll see what happens the next few days.

But man the cold has got to due something to the neck on this bass!!:(
  8. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    USPS does have a tracking system, if you got insurence and priority mail, you can track it for like an extra 50 cents ro somethin. I have had teh USPS lose my stuff before though. Please tell me you got insurence on teh bass???
  9. odie

odie Supporting Member

I didnt get insurance because I didnt send it. Im assuming the person who mailed it did. I hope...plz...oh man! :( ;)

Update they were supposed to send it "Priority mail" but sent it "package service". Whatever that is??!! Sounds like it was a goof up at the office, they got billed for priority but ended up with package service.
  10. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That is a very bad thing. I don't even know if you can insure a package via parcel post (package service). When you order or have something, ALWAYS, ALWAYS ask them to use insurence and pay them for it if necessary!!! I really hope Your bass doesn;t get eaten in the mail, I lost my birthday cookies in the mail once from my best friend..evil USPS :mad: .
  11. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    As long as there are no sudden changes in temp, cold should not damage it. When you receive the bass, fight the temptation to open the case immediately - let it sit in the closed case for as long as possible so that temp. will come up as gradually as possible. Personally, I would keep it for at least 24 hours in the case if it's really that cold outside.
  12. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I wouldn't panic yet, Odie.

I shipped some stuff I sold on Ebay and some of it (2 pkgs out of 10) took two weeks to arrive.

13. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    It took the USPS 7 days to send a photo album across town(roughly 20 miles). I thought that maybe their Jeep ran out of gas and they had switched to skateboards.
  14. If it took em that long...they were probably looking at the photos. Any of em adult in nature? :D That could explain it.

My ex-guitarist was a mailman. He'd drop by where I worked at in his LLV (Long Life Vehicle) because I was on his route...and he needed someone to take him to lunch. Because of the tattlers in the LLV's.
  15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    It was the photos of my wedding.
    If it was the honeymoon photos, on the other hand....:eek: :D