Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UT2003 + Lateralus

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pd_5string, Oct 14, 2002.

1. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Anyone have this game on a nice high powered computer with a killer graphics card? Then put Tool's Lateralus in and GAAAAAHDAMN...it is a 'killer' experience! :)

2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I have UT. How does the new one compare? I'd love to try it out, I've got a 1.6ghz with 512 megs of RAM and a GeForce2. Sounds like it might be fun. :D

3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    A GeForce2? I don't think it will work.

4. GeForce4 Ti4400, AMD XP2000+.. runs killer :D

Good game, infinitley better than the first. :)

5. Itll run on a GF2.. but LOW settings only ;)

6. In fact my bro's PC has a GF2 MX with 32MB and he run it with MEDIUM settings, i think only one or two options are switched to LOW, but runs very smooth to be a:

P3 800Mhz
    256MB PC133
    GF2MX 32MB (ASUS 7100)
    30GB

Javier can use only MEDIUM/LOW settings.

I run the same game over my LAN... but my machine it's by far more powerful than my bro's current PC... often my brother give me a little lag during deathmatch.

AMD Athlon XP 1.4Ghz (1600+)
    256MB PC333 DDR
    GF4MX 440 64MB DDR
    40GB

I use ALL HIGH settings. DDR does the trick!

EBP

7. cheeseman

cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I usually have all the Tool albums on shuffle when playing UT2003 or TacOps. It really helps set the mood and gets me going.

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    That´s weird, I´ve been playing UT2003 a bit and it works just fine. I had to turn the detail down though, but it works.

Specs:
    Intel P3 1Ghz
    512mb ram
    GeForce2 GTS 32mb.

9. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    The game speed is more realistic...UT rockets were slow, etc. UT2003, rockets are faster, more bullet like, and there is a translocater (grapple) mutator that you can use.G raphics are even better than UT, and the maps are absolutely killer and some are quite large.

10. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    So I take it most of the muscle work is done by the graphics card? I thought 64megs of dedicated video memory would be enough for a while... rats.

11. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Actually, no. UT software rendering is absolutely tops. I don't even think it uses the GL rendering capabilities of my geforce 4.

12. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Hrmmm... might run out and buy me a copy. Guess I'll have to hold off on the Nanowebs for a while.